EVERNA Blood-Red Riding Hood - Part One - The Webcomic

EVERNA Blood-Red Riding Hood - Part One

What if the 'Red Riding Hood' fairy tale is a factual, darker history in the world of Terra Everna?
Here are the facts, under Lucia de Gasquin's hood.

EVERNA Tales of Everna #evernasaga
For more, visit linktr.ee/everna
Tiktok/IG: @evernade
Facebook: @evernasaga























Exclusive Author's Note: The Story Prompts
 
My name was Lucia de Gasquin. Since I was little, I always went out in
my favorite red hood. So, people called me the Red Riding Hood.
One day, I almost fell prey to a werewolf, also known as a lycan. He
had preyed upon my grandmother, disguising himself as her, and stayed
in her house. When I visited the place he tricked me, an unfortunate
little girl with his spell.
Fortunately, a monster hunter saved me at a critical time and slain the
werewolf. He escorted me back to my parents and explained everything
without demanding any reward.
However, my story did not end there.

Using the images and information from the previous chats, please make vertical webcomic pages, blank black background behind the panels. Anime style, Victorian Age of the story below. Erase all texts and balloon speeches.
The hunter returned to my house two years later to warn us to run
away. Alas, it was too late. A pack of werewolves attacked in vengeance.
My father, mother, and sister were killed and I was the only one the
hunter could save.
The hunter could not let me be alone in the world, so he took me to
be his disciple. The man told me that he was a member of the Assassins’
Order, a secret organization of underground killers that used to walk
the path of evil but turned to fight against tyranny and the dark forces
across Terra Everna.


Using the images and information from the previous chats, please make vertical webcomic pages, blank black background behind the panels. Anime style, Victorian Age of the story below. Erase all texts and balloon speeches. Note: "I" is Lucia the red hooded assassin, using the POV 1.
The hunter, Rupert Coleridge taught me everything he knew, trained
me day and night. And that was why I became the way I was now, an
assassin.
Now, I was squatting on the rooftop of a multi-storied building
in Xenticen, a city located in the northwestern peninsula of Arcadia
Empire, my current residence. With an eyesight sharpened by years of
training, I gazed into the dim-lit streets below. While still wearing the
red hood that matched well with my dress, anyone below wouldn’t be
able to spot me, at least right away.
I turned towards a quiet, dimmer alley where I could recognize my
targets. There was no mistake, a dozen men were gathering and acting
suspiciously like a pack of predators looking for prey. I decided to tail
them by moving and jumping from roof to roof, even somersaulting,
vaulting, and rolling. This technique was called parkour.

Naturally, when I encountered higher roofs I climbed and jumped
down onto the lower ones. Then I leaped between two buildings like a
cat. I observed my targets and my surroundings in turns. I would never
neglect to carry on the legacy of the late Rupert Coleridge to repay his
kindness to me.

Using the images and information from the previous chats, please make vertical webcomic pages, blank black background behind the panels. Anime style, Victorian Age of the story below. Erase all texts and balloon speeches. Note: "I" is Lucia the red hooded assassin, using the POV 1.
My prediction was right. A few blocks from where I started, back
in the quiet alley, I found a group of people surrounding a couple. “P-
please! Here, take everything we have!” pleaded the blonde wavy-haired
man wearing a lacy shirt, a white coat, and tight pants. “But please, spare
us!” The fancily-dressed woman trembling behind that man nodded
nervously.
One of the assailants answered, “Sure, we can do that. But too bad,
this is the last night of your lives. You are our prey. We are strong and
we hunt the weak for food. The strong live, and the weak die. You shall
receive the honor of becoming sacrifices for us lycans!”
The last sentence was enough to move me into action. I released a pair
of daggers below both arms right onto my palms while jumping from
the roof. I was not mad enough to land straight on the stone-paved
road. Before that, I ensured that my dagger first pierced a ruffian's nape
of the neck. A dying scream from the outermost row of the pack drew
everyone else’s attention to me.

edited 1-7-26
Using the images and information from the previous chats, please make vertical webcomic pages, blank black background behind the panels. Anime style, Victorian Age of the story below. Erase all texts and balloon speeches. Note: "I" is Lucia the red hooded assassin, using the POV 1.
I took my silver blade, the only weapon capable of killing lycans in
one slash out. “Oh, you’re a hunter.” The ruffian leader grinned. “Tonight is
getting fun. Let’s change, lads!”
It didn’t require a full moon for lycans to turn into their true humanoid
wolf forms, so the whole party transformed into lycans or werewolves. They immediately charged me without further command.
I began to run away from them.
My silver blade flashed through a lycan head, severing it from its body
and opening a fountain of blood out of it. The other opened its jaw
wide to tear me apart. So, my silver blade cut through its snout to its
furry nape.

Using the images and information from the previous chats, please make vertical webcomic pages, blank black background behind the panels. Anime style, Victorian Age of the story below. Erase all texts and balloon speeches. Note: "I" is Lucia the red hooded assassin, using the POV 1.
Two lycans chased after me. One of them scratched my back with
his claw. But I exposed my back on purpose, so i stroke back on the lycan.
There were so many lycans that I had to keep running. Eventually, I
ended up at a dead end. High walls surrounded me but the rear, where
the lycans were. My mind then recalled the hunter’s teaching. I began
slowing down to let my chasers close in towards me. When they were
close, I climbed on a wall, somersaulted, and stabbed another lycan.
In the end, no lycan was left standing. However, the dead lycans reverted to their human forms.
Thus I crossed my fingers and said, “Your souls are freed. Now rest
in peace.”
* * *

Using the images and information from the previous chats, please make vertical webcomic pages, blank black background behind the panels. Anime style, Victorian Age of the story below. Erase all texts and balloon speeches. Note: "I" is Lucia the red hooded assassin, using the POV 1.
Suddenly something hit me. I looked back to find there was one living
ruffian who cowardly fled. It was my chance. I quietly followed that ruffian
who had changed into human form. Usually, they never let any survivor
among themselves remain in defeat. They preferred death to flight.
Eventually, the fleeing lycan gave me what I wanted when he entered
an old abandoned building. Thus, I decided to enter it as well, through
the glassless window on the second floor.
Like a thief, I sneaked quietly in the dark. Near the stairs I found
the cowardly ruffian was climbing it to reach the third floor. I climbed
the rickety stairs to follow him, adjusting my steps with his noisy
counterparts to conceal my presence.

Using the images and information from the previous chats, please make vertical webcomic pages, blank black background behind the panels. Anime style, Victorian Age of the story below. Erase all texts and balloon speeches. Note: "I" is Lucia the red hooded assassin, using the POV 1.
Upon reaching the third floor, I climbed the wooden ceiling supports
and followed my enemy stealthily.
The ruffian eventually entered a rather spacious room. It was pretty
dusty and filled with various goods on the fringe. Another man, a hooded man (reference image, back view)
sitting by the window, watching the crescent moon through the holed
roof, the only lighting inside this vacant building.
“L-lord Alpha, I have a report! The Gamma Squad has been attacked
by a single person. I am the only survivor!” He reported to his master
while bowing down as low as possible.

Using the images and information from the previous chats, please make vertical webcomic pages, blank black background behind the panels. Anime style, Victorian Age of the story below. Erase all texts and balloon speeches. Note: "I" is Lucia the red hooded assassin, using the POV 1.

The master spoke without looking back, “And you simply return here
and let that lycan hunter follow you?”
The henchman’s tongue turned limp, realizing that he had made a
grave mistake. He tried to defend himself. “A H-hunter? But, how…?”
“No buts.” Suddenly the master (hunter) turned around. He swung his
silver blade and the foolish ruffian lay dead on the floor.
The moment I saw that middle-aged male, I was shocked. His
whitening beard and mustache and the lycan scratch marks on his face
… looked… familiar.
“Lycan hunter of the Assassins’ Order! Come out and face me! Or
should I come to you first?” The Alpha stared right at me. He already
knew my position. Thus, I had to descend from my hiding spot in the
ceiling and land on the sturdy pole of the room.

Using the images and information from the previous chats, please make vertical webcomic pages, blank black background behind the panels. Anime style, Victorian Age of the story below. Erase all texts and balloon speeches. Note: "I" is Lucia the red hooded assassin, using the POV 1.
“Well, well. Lucia the Red Riding Hood! I have not seen you in years,”
the man greeted me with a smile.
I could no longer refrain from asking, “M-Master Rupert?! But a
lycan killed you two years ago!”
Rupert answered, “You can say that, but only I know the whole story.
Indeed, Rupert Coleridge died that day after an Alpha Lycan bit him to
death. Miraculously, he was then ‘reborn’ as a lycan. Then, he proceeded
to slay the Alpha Lycan and became one himself!”
I shook my head. “But why?”
“I will tell you one thing I learned that day. When we have crossed
paths with death but then returned to life, we become an entirely
different person. I have hunted down the lycans since I was very young,
but then I died in vain, for what? Now I’m immortal, and my strength
swells by tenfold. I will come to dominate this city, Xenticen before
long, and then I will go to challenge the Lycan King! Now, come with
me, my dear disciple! Together, we will take lycankind towards glory!”

Using the images and information from the previous chats, please make vertical webcomic pages, blank black background behind the panels. Anime style, Victorian Age of the story below. Erase all texts and balloon speeches. Note: "I" is Lucia the red hooded assassin, using the POV 1.
I shook my head. “Then, how about the lives those lycans have taken?
How about the lives you’ve saved? You have saved me, you made me
strong! You were a true assassin, and all your deeds were not in vain!
That was the truth I bear witness to. So forgive me teacher, but I can’t
agree with your new way of thinking!”
“Then don’t call me master!” Rupert snapped. “How dare you reject
my kindness! I will change your way of thinking by force!” As he spoke,
the old man’s body slowly transformed into an alpha lycan, the largest I
had ever seen. His reddish-brown fur spouted, resembling porcupine
spikes. Anyone would be terrified to face such a threatening monster.
Then, Alpha Lycan furiously charged at me. I struggled to dodge his
claws, as well as the rows of canine teeth as sharp as spears dwelling in
his jaws.

edited 3-7
Using the images and information from the previous chats, please make vertical webcomic pages, blank black background behind the panels. Anime style, Victorian Age of the story below. Erase all texts and balloon speeches. Note: "I" is Lucia the red hooded assassin, using the POV 1.

I danced with my silver dagger and sword, trying to exploit an opening.
Yet the powerful lycan could bash my sword off my hand while carving
a scar with his claw. Knowing that a sneak knife would be useless for
an enemy of this caliber, I drew another weapon. A gun.
Howling furiously, Alpha Lycan moved rapidly from side to side,
persisting to pounce at me. Desperately, I dodged again and again, that
even I could only make a little scratch on him. I had only one bullet in
my gun, and the enemy was too agile for a clear shot.
 

Suddenly, my feet accidentally tripped on a hole and I collapsed to
the floor. When I turned around to stand up, the massive Alpha Lycan
was already in the air, jumping my way.

I was panicked between life and death. I extended my right hand
forward in reflex, and then my finger pulled the trigger on the gun. The
silver bullet instantly launched from the gun and pierced through the
stomach of that beast.
Alpha Lycan collapsed, but he still had some strength to rise and
struggle to move. I took the silver sword lying on the floor and thrust the
lycan’s chest. The beast screamed a dying howl before slowly returning
to human form.
“Huh, my silver bullet and silver sword…” Rupert gurgled in his fresh
blood. “I have used them against the Alpha Lycan that time, but I did
not think that…”
I interrupted, “Calm yourself, master. Don’t speak.”
The moment I noticed his bleeding, I realized he was beyond saving.
But at least he had returned to his old self.
“You have surpassed me, Lucia… I am proud of you… I only have one
regret … If only I didn’t make you my disciple… but also… my daughter.”
Rupert breathed his last, leaving a smile on his paling face.
I could not hold my tears. I stroked his face and told him, “But I am
your daughter, and you were a good father.”
Suddenly I noticed something dropped from my hood. Blood. I
rubbed the sides of my hood. Blood was all over my hands. It must be
the blood of Alpha Lycan that sprayed all over me just then. If someone
had been around to see me, I would have surely gained a new nickname.
The Blood-Red Riding Hood




Comments